CIPHEX WEST 2020 – CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
for CIPHEX West 2020 Seminars
The CIPHEX West Show Committee is accepting proposals from exhibitors and trade associations for a limited number of seminars/presentations to be presented at CIPHEX West 2020. Speakers and topics will be reviewed and selected by the CIPHEX West Committee. We are looking for a balance of plumbing, hydronics and HVACR topics.
Sessions may be a maximum of 45 minutes in length.
Deadline for submissions is March 1, 2020 (or earlier if all time slots are filled).
• Proposed Title
• Seminar Outline: maximum 200 words.
• Format: for example, will there be an individual speaker, panel presentation, etc
• Identify at least 3 learning objectives to be achieved at the end of the session.
• Intended audience – for example, contractors, plumbing engineers, HVAC engineers, home builders, wholesalers, etc.
• Indicate if a PowerPoint presentation or other audiovisual learning tools will be used.
• Indicate if there will be video with your presentation. Video should be embedded in your presentation; please do not rely on wifi. Video requires special sound arrangements, so it is critical that we know in advance.
• Speaker name(s), full contact information, colour photo (headshot) and a brief biography which outlines the speaker’s presentation skills.
No fees will be paid to conference speakers who will also be responsible for meeting their own travel and accommodation expenses.
The Committee plans to have a balance of subject matter (ie., to cover plumbing, HVACR and hydronics) to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. Seminars must be generic, ie., not focused on a specific product or company.
CIPHEX West will provide a seminar room in the exhibit hall equipped with the appropriate audio-visual equipment and theatre-style seating for 80-100 people.
A modest admission fee will be charged for most sessions. Exhibitors will be expected to promote their sessions to their customers. They will also be promoted by CIPHEX West.
The final program will include a combination of sessions developed by the CIPHEX West Show Committee as well as sessions selected from submitted proposals. The decision of the Committee will be final.
Here are a few topics that might be considered: you can also submit your own topic suggestion:
- Homes of the Future - Energy/Water Efficient Systems
- Smart Buildings / IoT
- New Design or Product Trends
- Codes Updates
Send your proposal before March 1, 2020 to:
Program Coordinator, Events & Administration
CIPHEX West / Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating
email@example.com 416-695-0447 or 1-800-639-2474